Saturday, December 5, 2009

When i get older, I will be stronger, they'll call me freedom...


I had a crazy experience one day…I was kinda homeless for a little while, so I was checking my email at an internet café on bloor street…cruising the web, I went to check my myspace (which is growing cob webs btw) and then I felt to check out K'naan's myspace, cause he's one of my friends-yippee!-don’t' know him personally though! Anyhoo, I finished my session, paid and headed out. I got to the street to J walk, scanning the cars to see who would stop for me so I can cross, and wouldn't ya know-K' naan was crossing from the other side in front of me. Huh? That's sooo weird, I was just checking his myspace. Well we stared at each other for a half a second, nodded our heads at each other like a "hey what's up" nod…and went on our way. I felt so awkward cause I had this perplexed look on my face as we were staring at each other…cause all I was thinking was how did he jump out of the computer screen so quickl -I'm strange I know…but then I kicked myself, cause I really wanted to tell him, I wanted to sing on his next album…sooo K'naan, call me when you get this. Oh and blessed job on this song for the world cup.

3 comments:

jeff said...

Don't wait for him to come to you. Go for him. You are a brilliant musical talent. Do not wait for anyone. Seize the day. Don't be hiding that great light under a bushel. GO FOR IT NOW.

Anonymous said...

have you since connected with K'naan?

All that is Sacred said...

Not yet,but I am hopeful...